"Errors and failures in the control of Contractors and hot work (which includes welding, cutting, grinding, brazing and soldering) are two of the top causes of loss in commercial property. The majority of hot work losses are avoidable, either by completing the work a different way and avoiding it altogether or through the use of necessary safeguards."
- Automated: Avoid the repetitive work in manually writing similar information throughout entire packs of permits. Create a complete pack of permits in minutes, saving time and money, and avoiding the risk of errors and inconsistencies between the permits. Use one activity to manage one or several staff members.
- Management: Facilities Management, Health and Safety, Engineering and Security and others have an instant view of the current state of hazardous activities and the condition of protection systems.
- Coordination: Whatever permits are needed to manage the people and the work associated with each activity they are all coordinated by the Control Document.
- Project Management: Track permits issued for a particular project. At the end of each project a complete list of all activities and associated permits can be stored as a permanent record.
- Compliance: The control document ensures all permits that have been issued for a job, even if it involves more than one person are collated together. Each permit is time and date stamped.
- Time Saving: Manage and issue permits and contractors in less time. Data that is common to all permits is as far as possible completed by Q-PERM so the need for repetitive writing out of the same data is removed.
- Pre-Planning: Prepare permits in advance as part of work planning and review.
- Control of Contractors: Manage contractor data including, staff induction training, contacts, insurance details, and type of work.